WP1 Single Entry Point and OITB, Procedures, Structure and Services Definition
- Create an efficient and dynamic OITB structure including the SEP role (ECCS), SC, AB, EC, Secretariat, WG and its different sub-divisions necessary for the efficient and sustainable OITB operation
- Allocate the OITB responsibilities and key roles as wells as defining the OITB procedures definition.
- Creation of new legal entity to act as NewSkin SEP after the NewSkin project execution.
WP2 Set-up and upgrade of upscaling facilities
- To upgrade the Newskin OITB Upscaling facilities for the manufacturing of prototypes in according to efficient continuous and mass production processes or accurate batch processes for nano-coating and nano-structuring
- Connect a set of facilities to combine nano-textures, coatings and functionalities in the manufacturing of full scale TRL7 prototypes.
WP3 Set-up and upgrade of testing facilities
- Upgrade a set of 9 testing facilities to demonstrate the performance and benefits of nano-enabled coatings and membranes in real operation environments and conditions including harsh environments and extreme operation conditions
- Upgrade a set of testing facilities for the implementation of novel testing methodologies that allow quantifying nano-enabled components performance in real devices (pumps, engines, moving and reciprocating parts, hulls, propellers, water membranes).
WP4 Facilities calibration, validation and procedures and processes definition
- Calibrate and validate the upgraded facilities on a representative of substrates and applications demonstrate the industrial feasibility and benefits of the novel processes and products
- To check the compatibility with the end-users processes, substrates and products
- Create protocols and guidelines for the new facilities services provision and develop new standards for the new testing methodologies to be created.
- Create a range of services to be provided to the I.E/ Develop models to be made public on the performance of graphene monoatomic membranes.
WP5 Case studies
- Conduct 4 Case Studies to provide the IE with sound examples of the potential of the NewSkin Value Proposition in a heterogeneous range of applications: Materials protection, water-treatment, advanced functionalities, tribological applications, fuel savings in marine transport, energy saving in pumps, engines, actuators and others
- Demonstrate and validate the improved performance of key OITB Value Proposition technologies as well as the impact and benefits for final end-users markets
- Demonstrate the OITB capacity to act as an efficient and coordinated entity providing services to the IE.
WP6 Open Calls Execution
- Complete 100 Show Cases resulting for task 7.3 resolution delivering product and services to the market in an average time of less than 6 months
- Demonstrate the OITB capacity to act as a coordinated entity able to provide services under customers request.
WP7 NewSkin Innovation ecosystem & networking for OITB sustainable and efficient operation
- To create an maintain an on-line e-platform managed by A-rlh and available through the SEP web
- Engage over 3000 I.E members to create a critical mass of customers actor, knowledge, leverage and resources to make the OITB sustainable
- To attract customers
WP8 Exploitation, Dissemination and Communication
To conduct the Innovation Management and Exploitation
WP9 Project Management
- Ensure that both the general project objectives defined in Section 1.1 and the individual WPs’ objectives are met by comparing estimated baseline against actual performance
- Control cost expenditure within authorised budgets for each period by Task/WP and for the entire project
- Manage risks identified in Table 3.2b and continually monitor for new risks that may arise
- Manage overall legal and contractual aspects of the project and both internal and external communication to ensure optimal information flow among all key stakeholders
DT-NMBP-03-2019 Open Innovation Test Beds for nano-enabled surfaces and membranes
Type of action: Innovation action (IA)
Starting date: 1st April 2020
Duration of the project: 48 months
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 862100 (NewSkin). The output reflects the views only of the author(s), and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.