WP1 Single Entry Point and OITB, Procedures, Structure and Services Definition
- Create an efficient and dynamic OITB structure including the SEP role (ECCS), SC, AB, EC, Secretariat, WG and its different sub-divisions necessary for the efficient and sustainable OITB operation
- Allocate the OITB responsibilities and key roles as wells as defining the OITB procedures definition.
- Creation of new legal entity to act as NewSkin SEP after the NewSkin project execution.
WP2 Set-up and upgrade of upscaling facilities
- To upgrade the Newskin OITB Upscaling facilities for the manufacturing of prototypes in according to efficient continuous and mass production processes or accurate batch processes for nano-coating and nano-structuring
- Connect a set of facilities to combine nano-textures, coatings and functionalities in the manufacturing of full scale TRL7 prototypes.
WP3 Set-up and upgrade of testing facilities
- Upgrade a set of 9 testing facilities to demonstrate the performance and benefits of nano-enabled coatings and membranes in real operation environments and conditions including harsh environments and extreme operation conditions
- Upgrade a set of testing facilities for the implementation of novel testing methodologies that allow quantifying nano-enabled components performance in real devices (pumps, engines, moving and reciprocating parts, hulls, propellers, water membranes).
WP4 Facilities calibration, validation and procedures and processes definition
- Calibrate and validate the upgraded facilities on a representative of substrates and applications demonstrate the industrial feasibility and benefits of the novel processes and products
- To check the compatibility with the end-users processes, substrates and products
- Create protocols and guidelines for the new facilities services provision and develop new standards for the new testing methodologies to be created.
- Create a range of services to be provided to the I.E/ Develop models to be made public on the performance of graphene monoatomic membranes.
WP5 Case studies
- Conduct 4 Case Studies to provide the IE with sound examples of the potential of the NewSkin Value Proposition in a heterogeneous range of applications: Materials protection, water-treatment, advanced functionalities, tribological applications, fuel savings in marine transport, energy saving in pumps, engines, actuators and others
- Demonstrate and validate the improved performance of key OITB Value Proposition technologies as well as the impact and benefits for final end-users markets
- Demonstrate the OITB capacity to act as an efficient and coordinated entity providing services to the IE.
WP6 Open Calls Execution
- Complete 100 Show Cases resulting for task 7.3 resolution delivering product and services to the market in an average time of less than 6 months
- Demonstrate the OITB capacity to act as a coordinated entity able to provide services under customers request.
WP7 NewSkin Innovation ecosystem & networking for OITB sustainable and efficient operation
- To create an maintain an on-line e-platform managed by A-rlh and available through the SEP web
- Engage over 3000 I.E members to create a critical mass of customers actor, knowledge, leverage and resources to make the OITB sustainable
- To attract customers
WP8 Exploitation, Dissemination and Communication
To conduct the Innovation Management and Exploitation
WP9 Project Management
- Ensure that both the general project objectives defined in Section 1.1 and the individual WPs’ objectives are met by comparing estimated baseline against actual performance
- Control cost expenditure within authorised budgets for each period by Task/WP and for the entire project
- Manage risks identified in Table 3.2b and continually monitor for new risks that may arise
- Manage overall legal and contractual aspects of the project and both internal and external communication to ensure optimal information flow among all key stakeholders
DT-NMBP-03-2019 Open Innovation Test Beds for nano-enabled surfaces and membranes
Type of action: Innovation action (IA)
Starting date: 1st April 2020
Duration of the project: 48 months
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 862100, project NewSkin.